Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 3

Yesterday I replayed The Office episodes in my head. Is that normal? I thought of the funny lines Michael has uttered, I recalled the foolishness of Dwight, reminisced about the sweet love story between Jim and Pam. Is that a sign of a true addict? Or is this just part of withdrawal--first I miss it, but eventually I'll stop caring? I know that's the way it happened with the competition-based reality shows I used to watch. My rule for years has been that any show that requires me to keep tuning in to see the results is a no-no. It was bye, bye American Idol (haven't watched that since by 8-yr-olds were babies), lights out The Apprentice, and new to the list HGTV's Design Star.

Although it seems difficult for people to comment on this particular blog site, I have been receiving encouraging words, not necessarily about giving up television per se, but because of my commitment to trying something different. So this August doesn't really need to be about an August with no TV, it can easily be an August with one less vice, or an August to finish a project.

Because really the challenge I set up for myself was to go out and do more. So far I'm winning. Though there is a nagging in the back of my mind that says, you did it; two whole days of no broadcast stimuli, go on, reward yourself. Watch a little TV.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the blog. You aren't missing anything on the tube. Keep it up. -Carole

    ReplyDelete